Friday, June 14, 2013

Time for an Update

First the Wine

I never really got the chance to follow up on the Lychee wine.

I ended up with two separate gallons of wine.  I used the same recipe for the second one except instead of blending the fruit, I placed it into a mesh bag.  I did this because it was a such a hassle to remove and strain the fruit in the first one after primary.


Here they are together in primary


 
First on the left and you can see the fruit in the mesh bag.
Both were racked on Nov. 7, '12.   And  Here they are today.



As you can see the one on the left has cleared nicely, while the one on the right is has  a white color the resembles the flesh of lychee.  This is a surprise because I expected the one where the mesh bag was used to clear faster.  I'm guessing this has happened because the pectin enzyme doesn't work as well in in the mesh bag.

No comments: